Saturday, February 23, 2008

MOOD



The overall atmosphere of the book, The Lord of the Flies, was dark, serious, and violent. The kids/survivors are like totally out of their minds. I can understand killing pigs for food but killing a person like Piggy totally freaked me out. By reading the novel you can actually feel the thoughts of how evil one of the main characters Jack is. But I saw how strong the kids were to survive through the island on themselves without adults.

No, the mood doesn’t sadden me. At some chapters of the novel it made me wonder what might happen next because it was so creepy and disgusting and so on. I freaked out when they left a pig’s head for the beast. But the part when they killed my favorite character Piggy it saddens me because Piggy was such a bright, intelligent, and nice kid. The book really made me wonder how old these kids are because they went hunting a pig meaning they might be in high school. If they are high school kids, killing another human being is not a smart choice to make.

No comments: